|The Cultural Bridges in Germany Conference: A Forum for Young Leaders (CBG)
The next CBG Weeklong Seminar will take place in Berlin from December 17th - 21st, 2013
Welcome to Cultural Bridges in Germany: A Forum for Young Leaders (CBG)
"Cultural Bridges in Germany: A Forum for Young Leaders" (CBG) is a network of young individuals, who share an interest in strengthening German intercultural relations in addition to exploring the challenges and opportunities facing Germany, both domestically and internationally. The forum provides a platform for interdisciplinary discussion and exchange on salient issues concerning German culture, society and related political and economic subjects. At the international level, the program seeks to analyze the roles and responsibilities of Germany in the emerging new world order. Through these discussions and exchanges, the forum plays a valuable role in strengthening relations between Germany's cultural communities and between its international partners.
Individuals can join the "Cultural Bridges in Germany" forum by taking part in one of the CBG Seminars/Conferences. These are held in Berlin every 6 months and focus on a specific theme related to the forum goals. During each Weeklong Seminar participants take part in panel discussions, lectures and seminars held by experts from the cultural, political, diplomatic, academic, and the private sectors as well as civil society practitioners. In addition to these academic components, participants will also take part in a range of cultural and social activities that will allow them to experience Berlin's unique history and cultural landscape. "Cultural Bridges in Germany: A Forum for Young Leaders" is open to all individuals with an interest in strengthening German intercultural relations and exploring Germany's challenges and opportunities, both at home and abroad.
If you would like to reserve a position please click on the "Apply Now" link below and fill out the online application form:
The Next Weeklong Seminar
(Berlin; December 17th - 21st, 2013)
The next CBG Weeklong Seminar will take place in Berlin form September 9th - 13th, 2013 and will focus on the following Theme:
"Unified and Multicultural: a closer Look at Today's Germany"
The following issues will be mentioned and explored:
- German social State: Ways of including Immigrants in the German social System
- The European Financial Crisis and the Perception of each other: How are the Relations between the European Counties influenced by the economic Situation?
- German Business Culture: Challenges to understand and be understood in economic Transactions
- Implementation of Gender Equality: Achievements and lasting Challenges in Germany
- Reinventing Multiculturalism through Education: How to enhance social Inclusiveness in Schools and Universities
- Modern Germany: an impressing Evolution of German Identity, facing a static Perception
- The Shape of Berlin since 1989: artistic, architectural and demographic Developments